Intended Purpose Trachospray
The Trachospray is a disposable soft mist spray device for applying topical anesthetic ingredient to the patient’s upper airways, being the oropharynx, the larynx and the vocal cords. The Trachospray is used to increase patient comfort in preparation for an intubation, a bronchoscopy or an upper gastro-intestinal endoscopy. The Trachospray is a disposable device, intended for single use on a single patient only.
• Delivers a controlled spray for direct coverage of the upper airways: oropharynx, larynx and vocal cords.
• Is supplied as an empty device, the clinician chooses the approved substance and dosage for oro-pharyngeal delivery.
• Is indicated to be used on patients that are deemed suitable for treatment by medical professionals
• Is intended for use with 1ml, 2ml or 3 ml Luer-lock disposable syringes
The Trachospray has the following characteristic elements:
• A mouth piece, ergonomically shaped, to be inserted in the patient’s mouth;
• A flexible tube with Luer lock for connecting the Trachospray to mentioned disposable syringe
• An integrated spray nozzle unit, generating the controlled spray for covering the patient’s oral cavity, pharynx and larynx.